Writing a brilliant post on your company blog is one thing – you’ve gotten the attention of your readers, you’ve let them know that you really know what you’re talking about, and you’ve started a conversation. Now, the comments start rolling in, and here is where you can take your blog from good to great.
There’s an art to writing stunning blog comments, and if you master it, your business can attract more leads and command more respect. Here, find tips for and benefits of writing brilliant blog comments.
Build Relationships with Customers
- Answer questions. When you maintain a blog for your small business, your readers expect a certain level of customer service. If they ask questions about points you make in your post or about your products and services, be sure to reply to the comment promptly. Let readers know you’re a reliable, responsive resource.
- Use your voice. Your company blog allows you to take on a more casual, conversation tone than what might appear on your website. Write your blog and comments with a strong, personal, friendly voice that gives readers a better idea of the real person behind the brand. They’re more likely to connect when they can relate.
- Get real feedback and insight. Comments are your chance to find out what your customers really think about your business. Write comments that encourage conversation. Let readers know that you appreciate their input, and really use it to improve how you do business.
Build Relationships with Bloggers
- Comment on other blogs. If another industry blogger leaves a comment on your post, be sure to check out his blog, as well. Leave a thoughtful comment to contribute to the conversation, with a link back to your own blog. This lets your readers know that you care about who they are, and it opens the door for a stronger, larger network.
- Write guest blog posts. Simply commenting on your readers’ blogs can help you build a solid network of industry thought leaders. These relationships can lead to guest posts on their blogs, which can further establish your authority in the field.
- Increase exposure. Guest blog posts also provide more exposure for your business, with opportunities to link back to your blog and website. Be sure to respond to comments on your guest posts – this can help bring even more readers and leads to your business.
Blog Commenting Tips and Etiquette
- Address commenters by name. And be sure to spell them correctly.
- Be polite. Say thank you! If it weren’t for your readers, you’d be talking to yourself.
- Read the entire comment/post. Don’t reply to a comment that you haven’t read completely. And don’t comment on a blog post that you only just skimmed.
- Proofread. Yes, even your comments.
Now, let’s see those commenting skills in action. Go!