LinkedIn must be good for something, but I can’t figure out what. As I spend more time on Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn seems less and less relevant.
Here’s how LinkedIn strikes me these days: what do you think?
- Groups and Answers are wildly self promotional. There is useful content to be found in comments and replies, but you have to sift through a lot of hype to get to it.
- Email alerts are nonstop and rarely relevant.
- Updates are pretty much an import of my Twitter feed.
- Navigation around the site continues to be kludgy. Less intuitive than Facebook, even, and less worth the effort.
- Connections on LinkedIn seldom connect. At least for my network, communication is easier on Twitter and Facebook.
LinkedIn may be great if you’re hiring or looking for a job, though I haven’t had much direct experience with that aspect of the site. But for networking, information gathering, and information sharing – Twitter and Facebook are superior.
What am I missing? Where am I going wrong? What value to get from LinkedIn?